Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Product Code: MUABE1912
- Grade Level 1
- Year: 2019
- Composer: William Himes
Francis Ridley Havergal (1836-1879) was inspired by the story of God's calling to Samuel as recorded in 1 Samuel 3 to write the text of this hymn. It has been long associated with the hymn tune "Ottawa" by Dr. Lowell Mason (1792-1872). Havergal's text challenges one to listen for God's voice and to respond with obedience, as seen in this verse:Audio Sample
- Master, speak: and make me ready,
- When Thy voice is truly heard,
- With obedience glad and steady
- Still to follow every word.
- I am listening, Lord, for Thee;
- Master, speak: O speak to me!