Press and move to zoom.
Mouse over image to zoom.
Product Code: MUABE1913
- Grade Level 1
- Year: 2019
- Composer: James Curnow
James Mountain (1844-1933) of Leeds, Yorkshire, England, was a well-known pastor, poet, and composer. He wrote many songs and hymns designed to be used while he conducted evangelism campaigns worldwide.Audio Sample
His hymn, "None of Self," presents a strong and viable message of spiritual growth for all who seek Him. Each verse dwells on a separate spiritual truth designed to help us progress toward a stronger relationship with Christ:
The title for this setting is found in verse 4:
- All of self and none of Thee (verse 1)
- Some of self and some of Thee (verse 2)
- Less of self and more of Thee (verse 3)
- None of self and all of Thee (verse 4)
- Higher than the highest heaven,
- Deeper than the deepest sea,
- Lord, Thy love at last had conquered;
- Grant me now my spirit's longing:
- None of self and all of Thee!